Monday, May 17, 2010

Getting what I want or Good news

On days when I'm frustrated with work and all the things that surround it (not the least of which is the blaring fact that I wouldn't be working if we had kids) I just wish I could stay home and do what I really want to do - raise children. Well, I'm going to. I guess "raise" probably isn't the best term, as their mother will still be raising them, but out of the blue, I found a really wonderful opportunity to nanny two girls over the weekend. The mother seems really excited, having just gone through a difficult divorce. It makes me feel good to be able to give her what I'm sure I would want in her situation. So I put in my two weeks notice yesterday, and I will start nannying soon. It will be nice to work near to home, and to be able to include Brent in my employment, and to be responsible to care for two children - not twelve.

On a lighter and simpler note, for the last two years my temple recommend has had my maiden name on it. So whenever I go to the temple, they say, "Welcome, Sister Roth." Tomorrow night I will get a new recommend, and they will finally say, "Welcome, Sister Rogers." It's nice to get what I want.

1 comment:

emily michelle said...

That's awesome! I hope that works out well for you.