Monday, November 23, 2009

The Good Stuff


A week ago Thursday, I took a plane (sadly by myself - Brent had to work) to Salt Lake City, to see one of my best friends be married in the temple there. I was very honored to be invited to her sealing and her family luncheon. I felt so strongly of God's love for her, and of God's love for me, as I watched her be sealed to her sweetheart for time and all eternity. There is a clarity that comes inside the walls of a temple that just cannot be found anywhere else. It's as though life makes sense for a moment, and then you get to carry that moment out with you in your heart. I am so grateful Rose let me be a part of her very special day. The wedding was just beautiful.

Prior to that, we had a very special family day in the temple on Saturday, the 14th. My mom had prepared my grandmother's name for her temple work to be done. I was able to be confirmed for my grandma, as well as take part in several sealings that were significant to my grandmother's family. It was an amazing experience to feel my family being united for eternity. For these kinds of experiences, I am immeasurably grateful. They remind me that there is, indeed, a purpose to this life, and that, while it may at times be filled with sorrow, the promises of happiness in this life and eternal joy in the next far outweigh any suffering I may be enduring. How grateful I am to my worthy husband who is always able to bless us and to my Heavenly Father for providing such incredible blessings as husbands, and temples, and families!

No comments: