Monday, November 16, 2009

"She steels herself" or Daisy's flying leap



Yesterday, Brent's dad Bruce came to bring us an electronic organ. (He also fixed the caulking in our bathrooms, and we had a lovely visit. Thanks, Bruce!) We were trying to clean up in preparation for his visit, but had little time to do so, since we spent all of Saturday at the temple with my mom. Accordingly, we were just trying to get things done quickly. I was working on cleaning the toilet in the guest bathroom, and I had Daisy. I couldn't put her on the floor since she'd been eating little pieces of plaster in there the other day. So I put her in the sink, thinking that the heights would create a natural barrier, without the annoyance of actually shutting her in somewhere and having her cry bloody murder. Then she did it. Our six inch tall dog jumped the three feet or so to the floor. That's right, she jumped. And then ran from the room crying to her "not dad" as if I'd thrown her or something. Somehow, I don't think she broke or injured anything, except maybe her pride. But I do think she's done with heights for a while.

1 comment:

Matt Nielsen said...

Ha Ha! I love the reference to "Leonardo." So awesome. Way to find the bravest dog in all of Las Vegas. Miss you guys tons.