Friday, September 11, 2009

A bit o' blarney

As you can see, Ireland is still very much on our mind. I thought I'd post a few favorite photos from our trip to the British isles. Enjoy!


In front of Blarney Castle



Kissing the legendary blarney stone! I'm not sure if we have the gift of gab or not...


The cliffs of Moher - one of my favorite places.

It was a very windy at Moher.

The White Cliffs of... not Dover, I don't remember what.

Brent and I exploring the Giant's Causeway.
Formed by lava cracks - like mud cracks, only cooler.

A 6,000 year old carving outside of a 6,000 year old burial mound called New Grange.

Brent was excited to see that choir nerds have existed for centuries.

With PJ, our Irish bus driver (or Leprechaun - you decide). We love him!
He left us at the ferry to Wales.
I still don't know why he couldn't just take the bus across with us. =(



The longest town name in the world. And ironically one of the smallest towns in the world.
This was our first stop in Wales.


A ruin in Chester - an old Roman town in England. I believe it was an 11th Century ruin.


There was a Roman wall from the 5th Century still intact around most of the town.
We mainly explored the town from the wall. So fun.

Getting ready to go down into a mine in Wales.


The oldest LDS chapel in the world is the Gadfield Elm chapel in England. It was so neat to feel the spirit of testimony and the search for truth from so long ago.


Not carpet from the 70's. Moss. Yeah.


A small town I don't remember the name of, that, except for the paved roads, is nearly unchanged since the 19th Century. Hello, Jane Austen!


The British Museum - the statue was a few millennia old.
I was overwhelmed. In a good way.


We visited the London temple 2 days before our 1st anniversary to do sealings.


Waiting to hear Evensong at Kings' College in Cambridge. The Kings' College Cathedral was the most impressive building I'd seen on the trip - it ended second only to St. Paul's in London.

Well, that's not even close to all of them, but I'm sure that's all you want to see! (And more!)


3 comments:

Mr Rogers said...

Yay, I am the first commenter!
I love all the photos, I hope we can spend so much time out of the country some day before we are too old get around as easily.
The Gadfield Elm Chapel is much different from what I imagined when I listened to the radio.lds.org podcast. Thanks for the photo.

The Figgins said...

Look at you with 2 posts in less than a week! The Giant's Causeway were two of my favorite things from my visit to Ireland too. I look forward to reading more!

Tanya said...

What great pictures. How fun that you could take that trip together.