Friday, September 11, 2009

Another post!!

Well, we have been seriously remiss in our blogging duties. Considering I am now the stay-at-home one, I figured the blog update fell to my lot. A lot has changed since last September. We have both (mostly) finished school, and we have moved to Las Vegas. Brent has a job teaching middle school choir in the Southwest part of town. And we are buying a house!! We both feel very lucky and blessed that the Lord guided us here, because otherwise, we have no idea when we would have been able to afford our first house. As it is, the market here is low enough, that even a first year school teacher can afford a good home. This is the address on realtor.com where you can see it if you want: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/9161-Glennon-Av_Las-Vegas_NV_89148_1111144431 . No, it doesn't have a backyard, but that isn't all that uncommon in Las Vegas. Yards here have always been small - who wants to take care of a yard where things have to be forced to grow? But now they are truly non-existent. Fortunately, the community has a little playground and a pool, so we won't lack for outdoor activity when we want it. Hopefully, we will close on the house in about two weeks, three at the latest. We are very excited, and grateful my parents have let us stay with them. Now we will have some money for improvements, furniture, etc. Yay!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Wow! The house looks really nice! I didn't know you could find a nice house that cheap in Vegas. Congratulations! Anthony and I are still stewing over the whole house thing. So, I'm very excited (and jealous) for you both! ;)